How to open external links in a new window in Confluence?
Or a roll your own version in a user macr
## Macro Name: new-window-link ## Macro title: New Window Link ## Macro has a body: Y ## Body processing: Escape HTML ## Output: HTML ## ## Developed by: Matthew Cobby matt@andamooka.com ## @param Link:title=External URL|type=string|required=true|desc=The external URL for the link <a href="$paramLink" target="_blank">$body</html>
and a usage example
{new-window-link:Link=http://www.atlassian.com} Atlassian in a new Window! {new-window-link}
Karina,
You may want to verify this doc and this improvement too. Hope that helps !!!
Hi, thanks for your answer. I ready the doc and the improvement and apparently the only way to do it is with the Customeware Linking Plug in. But how? Any help would be great.
If you're asking how to use the Customware macros, the documentation is a bit sparse but it is here
http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/AtlassianPlugins/link-window
and their example is:
{link-window:http://www.foo.com/}Link text{link-window}
You could also write your own user macro if you didn't want to use a plugin
Hey Mathew, it worked!!! Thank you so much!
Hi Matthew,
I have used your macro (as described above) only problem is that when I click on the link it opens a new page and then adds the address (I entered in the macro) to the end of the URL of that page and tries to open that ? Any ideas what I may have done wrong ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.