Not sure if this is the right forum to post on or if it should be the Game Maker forums, but might as well find out.
Basically me and my fellow classmates are making a project for Computer Science. We need some sort of versioning software, but Game Maker's built-in source control is crappy, so we made a repository on Bitbucket to combat the problem.
Unfortunately, when I make a change and select the uncommitted changes for pushing to the cloud, it seems not to pick them up. Is this a known problem? Do I need to wait a little while? When I commit things it goes instantly, but if I make changes and commit them, then my friend who was working on the same version has to start over and make the same changes on the new version because they won't merge.
Also, if I need to post this somewhere else, please tell me so I can get an answer from whoever it is faster 
Thanks