confluence.cfg.xml does not show username and password for SQL Server database login.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
In most cases, it has to contain the database connection details, for Confluence to work. The exceptions are:
Confluence is working with a JDBC connection. Policies require the password to be changed every 60 days. Where is the password stored? If I change the password on the SQL Server user, I need to update it somewhere else so that the application can still log in to the database. The confluence.cfg.xml file does not show the current username and password that is in use, so I do not know where to update the password so the application works after changing the password.
If you are using a JDBC connection, then the username, password, and connection string are in <confluence home>/confluence.cfg.xml
If you haven't got them in there, then you are not using a JDBC connection.
Could you be looking in a sample or copy of the confluence.cfg.xml?
I went to the confluence home directory and the confluence.cfg.xml file has none of our data in it. I don't know where else it could be.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.