Hello All,
Since its creation our organization (NGO) used Trello to manage its projects (Work Management).
But we grew up and decided to opt for Jira - Work Management. We are currently about fifty people, distributed and 7 teams.
We can summarize our organization as follows: 6 teams each managing a specific project, and an HR team managing 2 projects (Onboarding & Employee monitoring).
We plan to start with Jira in 2 weeks, and I'm trying to define the basic parameters as well as possible. For this, I bought the book "Jira Work Management Basics" (Rynder Roy Klomp) which has already helped me a lot.
However, I'm a bit lost in setting up Groups and Roles (and changing the default values). For these 8 projects, I would have liked to use only the groups. Unfortunately, the HR project "Employee tracking" should only be accessible to a few specific users. Which seems to prevent me from working with groups because they give access to all projects.
What we should have as configuration:
- ALL users must have access to ALL projects (6 teams + 1 HR) EXCEPT the HR project "Employee monitoring"
- 5 users must have access to ALL projects (including HR "Employee monitoring"
- 7 users (must be able to create new new projects): the project managers of the 6 teams + the HR Project Manager
- Only the HR Project Manager can manage the 2 HR Projects. Remember, he can also manage the other projects
I feel like with the right roles and groups it's quite easily achievable, but I lack the experience. And also should we change the default Persimmsions (Global? Project)?
Can you advise me ?
Thanks