Hi I've a quick question.
I'm trying (without much success) to guide my user community use a Global (page) Template I've created as a preferred alternative for new page creation (rather than just the Confluence "Blank Page"). I've approached this from two angles:
- Global Templates
- BluePrint Template (custom plugin development)
Both solutions work in principle, but they both have compromising issues.
- Global Template:
my Template is pretty much at the bottom of a list of page templates (in "create" page template selection dialog), even if I change the name to sort alphabetically higher. It seems the Default Page is always first. Blueprints are always secondary and Global Templates are tertiary (so my preferred template for new page is out of site in the template selection dialog)
- BluePrint Template:
with this approach I had better success (I can use the promote blueprint feature of confluence 5.3 and higher) *but* blueprints seem to always create a space shortcut (which I can't seem to suppress): link to previous question raised on this subject.
Does any one have any suggestions? my thoughts were:
- Can I ditch both my approaches (global template / blueprint template) and modify the "blank page" template that ships with confluence?
- Can I promote Global Templates (as can be done with Blueprints). The Jira ticket that developed feature in confluence suggests this is possible (see last comment), but this doesn't appear to be the case for Global Templates, just Blueprint Templates?
- Can I suppress the creation of sidebar shortcuts (default theme) when my Blueprint is used (question raised here)
Thanks!