I'm new to Confluence, I have just installed a new production edition of Confluence that works with Active Directory integration. Now I want to get a seemless login experience using IIS and Windows Authentication. I followed this tutorial:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SPCON011/Access+Confluence+using+Integrated+Windows+Authentication+via+IIS
Except for a few errors in the tutorial it was straightforward. But now when pointing IE to http://localhost/ on the local server I get a Tomcat 404 error.
Can someone give me some pointers as to where I should look for errors. I have looked in the logfiles and event log for errors but haven't found anything that makes sense.
OS: Windows Server 2008 R2.
Thanks
No I skipped that step because I have only one site which is Default Web Site. The server is completely new and and is dedicated only to Confluence. So I expect Confluence to show up at http://localhost/
Does the troubleshooting section of http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html help? If you haven't changed the context that Confluence is served from it's normally a typo in isapi_redirect.properties or in the name of the "jakarta" virtual directory.
Hope that helps?
Andrew.
I look at the link and it made me realize that my tomcat_iis_connector folder needed looser permissions. That done and the isapi_redirect.log now contains something. I enabled debug logging and I can read in the log file that the request is received by the isapi filter and forwarded to port 8009, where the Confluence AJP connector is answering. But it returns a 404 and that is what I see in the browser. Any ideas on how to move on from here?
Sorry, I hadn't picked up that those instructions said to remove the 8090 connector, not sure why the instructions say to remove it as you can have multiple connectors and having one that you can access at http://localhost:8090 directly is helpful for checking that Confluence is still accessible.
If it's passing the request to 8009, but returning a 404 then it sounds like there's possibly a typo somewhere with the "jakarta" directory, or the directory that jakarta points to that contains the isapi_redirect.dll file.
Do any of these documents help, they differ slightly from the original documentation you referenced:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+up+Confluence+with+IIS
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+Confluence+with+IIS+7
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+IIS+with+Tomcat
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.