I'm trying to setup a reverse proxy so that I can access jira through jira.mydomain.com
On the dashboard the gadgets don't load and I see a banner that says.
"I have added those line exactly (leaving $host as is) in the location / { section.
I restarted nginx, I can't restart jira. When I go to the page I see the gadgets are not visable and I have a banner that reads "JIRA's base URL is set to http://jira.mydomain.com but you are accessing JIRA from http://jira.mydomain.com."
nginx conf
server {
server_name jira.mydomain.com;
#to allow large uploads (eg: for restoring backups)...
client_max_body_size 100M;
location / {
proxy_pass http://localhost:8080;
}
}server.xml
<Service name="Catalina">
<Connector port="8080"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
connectionTimeout="20000"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
scheme="http"
proxyHost="jira.mydomain.com"
proxyName="jira.mydomain.com"
proxyPort="80"
/>
JIRA will not start.
sudo service jira start
If I view the dashboard the widgets say "Unable to connect"
In the logs I see "Detected URL hostname, 'localhost', does not match expected hostname 'jira.mydomain.com'
Where does the 'localhost' come from?