@mention Good morning all! I have an issue with my git. I've been trying to push a branch of one of my repositories to my remote bitbucket repository, but it's not working. I didn't use the sourceTree GUI to do it, I've been using the terminal and the git cli so that I can get familiar with the commands. I made sure I was in the right directory and pushed the branch the way it said to in the documentation:
cd ~//repos
/*
to make sure I was in the right directory. I used two forward slashes just in case I was more than one directory above where I needed to be(ie, ., ./)
*/
git push on-off-premise middle_child
/*
middle_child is the name of a child branch merged into my master branch(i didn't call it main)
*/
It keeps saying the remote repository can't read the file. It's telling me to make sure I have permission and that the file exist. I know I have the permissions. I know the file exist. When I look at the remote repository, the one in bitbucket, the branch I'm trying to push isn't there. I tried with files. putting the filename where the branch name was. got error messages. What am I doing wrong?