I'm trying to build a 'summary' table on one page that pulls in values from certain (but not all) rows on multiple other data tables on other pages. The goal is to allow the data to be changed on the data pages and have the changes reflected on the summary table page.
The only mechanism I've found for sharing the data this way is the Multiexcerpt and Multiexcerpt Include macros. These work OK for simple situations like sharing a link or a chunk of text. They even work so-so for including an entire table as long as you select some text above and below the table when defining the excerpt. I can also build and include excerpts for each table cell - though this is tedious and looks ugly.
Where this falls short is just pulling out some rows of a data table and including it in the summary table. I don't want all rows and I don't want to mess with individual cells.
In general, I've found the Confluence editor to be very lacking when working with tables. Am I missing something here? Should I be using some other editor?
Or does anyone have suggestions on how to excerpt rows of a table into another page.
Thanks and regards.