Hi Gary,
This feature is only available to Space Admins and Sys Admins
Regards,
Peter
@Gary Mason Can you request being a space admin based on justifications you may have for your purpose(s)? We have about 200 spaces and quite a few of them have multiple space admins, not all of them are doing 'core space admin activity'.
Thanks both. I thought I'd missed something but it seems not. I don't think I'll get space admin access anytime soon. I can't think of a reason why the owner of a page shouldn't be able to see who's watching it but it looks like a "feature" I'll have to live with.
It would be a good idea - I agree - to allow others to view who is watching a page. Currently the screen that comes up that allows one to view who is watching a page (and that space) also comes with the ability to add watchers to the page (and add watchers to a space too, in one of Confluence Server's recent updates). For now, those are privileges provided to the space admin, but an unbundling of 'view' and 'add' to allow any user to view watchers certainly seems apropos.
Some teams like the ability to be able to 'force-watch' users to ensure they are engaged in the content, so I think that is a good feature.
This doesn't seem to be completely accurate. I am the space admin for my PERSONAL space in confluence and I still see nothing in space tools that looks like "Manage Watchers".
Shouldn't I be able to do that in my personal space?
What I do is put the list of watchers into the actual content of the pages I author. I think works for explicit watchers of the page but not watchers of the space but it's better than nothing. I'm not worried too much about who might be snooping, I just find it useful to know who is interested in the doc enough to watch it in the first place and who is going to get update notifications.
You can use the macro for contributors and select 'watches' from the list.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.