I've been told I need to have a custom field that allows each project lead to manage it similar to how the Version field is currently set up; however, the Version field is already being used for something else.
The field needs to:
- Be managed on a project-by-project basis. Values in Project A should not be allowable in Project B.
- Be managed by the project lead via the project admin section, not the system admin.
- Allow the project lead to create new values.
- Allow the project lead to archive older values to prevent them from appearing in issues going forward.
- Allow anyone to pull up issues regardless of whether a value is active or archived (via the Issue Nagivator, for example).
- If a value needs to be deleted, allow a method to transfer all affected issues to a different value (or no value, if needed).
Please let me know if there's a way to do this. I'm not sure whether it involves writing some custom code or maybe using a plug in out there.