$ git clone https://innersource.*.com/*repoName.gitCloning into 'repoName'...remote: Enumerating objects: 2845, done.remote: Counting objects: 100% (2845/2845), done.remote: Compressing objects: 100% (2615/2615), done.error: 2272 bytes of body are still expected | 2.14 MiB/sfetch-pack: unexpected disconnect while reading sideband packetfatal: early EOFfatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output
Hey Ruma,
Let's try to help you out here as I've seem some other users with the same issue.
In the past, I've seem below command being ran by the user received the error while trying to clone and it got resolved.
git config --global http.postBuffer 52428800
git config --global core.compression 0
$ git clone https://innersource.*.com/*repoName.git --depth 1 $ cd repository $ git fetch --unshallow
Please let me know if that was helpful and if it resolved it
Thanks,
It works for me
while this is an answer I don't understand why this only occurs against a bitbucket server. I have NEVER seen this error when pulling from GitHub so what is it about bitbucket servers that invoke this error?
Oh, it happens with GitHub too.
It doesn't always fix it, it seems. I've never had this error before, but it happened when trying to clone a Github repo (that I've never tried before) by Github Desktop as well as by git clone the URL, and now again while trying the "fix".
git config --global http.postBuffer 52428800git config --global core.compression 0cd /Volumes/WD_Elements2018/GitHub/git clone https://github.com/eliranwong/UniqueBible.git --depth 1Cloning into 'UniqueBible'...remote: Enumerating objects: 187613, done.remote: Counting objects: 100% (187613/187613), done.remote: Compressing objects: 100% (186984/186984), done.error: RPC failed; curl 92 HTTP/2 stream 5 was not closed cleanly: CANCEL (err 8)error: 1378 bytes of body are still expectedfetch-pack: unexpected disconnect while reading sideband packetfatal: early EOFfatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output
Further information on this repo. I'm currently trying the zip download from Github, and it's "resuming …" at around 250 MB. Earlier when cloning with Github Desktop it was around 200MB and only reported as 2 or 3% progressed, before I had received the unexpected disconnect, and all of that, the first time! So this might be one of the larger Github repo's I've tried to download.Also, I'm not on my home Internet, but on shared hotel Internet, and the speed is not so fast, although it's not unusual to sometimes get slow Github downloads.
remote: Enumerating objects: 340, done.remote: Counting objects: 100% (305/305), done.remote: Compressing objects: 100% (114/114), done.error: 7461 bytes of body are still expected | 207.00 KiB/sfetch-pack: unexpected disconnect while reading sideband packetfatal: early EOFfatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output i have faced this error what shall i do
I still don't know why exactly it happened, but three months after my previous attempt, with the same problem, I just tried downloading it again, and it cloned without any error and completed in several minutes. So I can only suppose that try again later is the likely solution.
I think this is related to Git LFS. You can try to install and enable Git LFS and try cloning the repo again.
# Install git-lfs with your package managersudo apt install git-lfs# Enable Git LFSgit lfs install# Clone the problematic repogit clone path/to/repo.git
Seeing the same issue in my Azure App Service that's connected via the built-in bitbucket deployment integration. First deployment after reconnecting to bitbucket in the Azure settings usually works, but after one or 2 more pushes to the repo we're seeing the same error as above. Haven't really found a fix that worked. Help greatly appreciated. Project is currently at around 20MB. May have first appeared after pushing a bunch (~20) custom nupkg packages that each weighted around 90KB.
In my particular case, I found a different answer after trying all the suggestions here and other places that did not work.
I took a virgin corporate laptop and found that the problem did not appear. I compared the 'git config --list' between the two laptops and found a difference. On my laptop, at some point in the last 3-4 years, I added a configuration that changed the SSH client to use OpenSSH.
I had the following line:
sshCommand = C:/Windows/System32/OpenSSH/ssh.exe
I think a default configuration of git uses
http.sslbackend=openssl
I commented out the sshCommand and my test case ran overnight without a failure.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.