I am using Azure Data Studio to talk to my Enterprise Insights instance. I am trying to write a SQL query that will find and return any Jira Align Epics that are NOT assigned to any Program Increment. Per the EI Schema version 10.115, there isn't a direct linkage between Epics and Program Increments. However, I see there is a MAP table from Epics to Program Increments, but I can't seem to get the SQL correct to find Epic IDs that are NOT in this mapping table.
I've tried several things similar to:
SELECT DISTINCT
Epics.[Epic ID],
Epics.[Epic Name]
FROM
[current_dw].[Epic] AS Epics
RIGHT OUTER JOIN
[current_dw].[MAP Epic to Program Increment] AS PIs ON Epics.[Epic ID] = PIs.[FK Epic ID]
I've tried both LEFT OUTER JOINs and RIGHT OUTER JOINs, but I don't get the right data (either I get zero records or all of them, when I am expecting to get just one.
Any thoughts here? It seems like I'm close, but not quite there.
Thank you.