I'm setting up a new Stash client machine (Ubuntu terminal):
- I created a repository in Stash
- Generated a new SSH key (for myname@mydomain.com) and added it to my user account.
- I have set the global user.name and user.e-mail (to myname@mydomain.com)
Stash tells me that I can clone the repository with "git clone ssh://git@mydomain.com/ibe/ibea.git", but when I do, it prompts me for the password of "git@mydomain.com". And there I'm stuck...
I'm guessing there is still something missing in the configuration, but what?
(BTW, I've also tried creating some local content and adding that to the Stash repo with a "git push -u origin master", but that also prompts me for the "git@mydomain.com" password).
Edit:
It seems to be related to how the Stash server is setup. When I run "ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa -vT git@stash.mydomain.com" with Git debug on, I get:
OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5ubuntu1.4, OpenSSL 1.0.1 14 Mar 2012
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to stash.mydomain.com [10.1.1.120] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/plindelauf/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: Checking blacklist file /usr/share/ssh/blacklist.RSA-2048
debug1: Checking blacklist file /etc/ssh/blacklist.RSA-2048
debug1: identity file /home/plindelauf/.ssh/id_rsa-cert type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2
debug1: match: OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2 pat OpenSSH*
debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5ubuntu1.4
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-ctr hmac-md5 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-ctr hmac-md5 none
debug1: sending SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_INIT
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY
debug1: Server host key: ECDSA 9e:06:8c:d4:34:dc:6e:b7:2c:cf:d1:22:46:e5:24:af
debug1: Host 'stash.mydomain.com' is known and matches the ECDSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/plindelauf/.ssh/known_hosts:1
debug1: ssh_ecdsa_verify: signature correct
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: Roaming not allowed by server
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
debug1: Offering RSA public key: /home/plindelauf/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
debug1: Next authentication method: password
git@stash.mydomain.com's password:
So, it looks like the server wants both a public key AND a password authentication. The latter should be obsolete, however. But how do I correct this?