Hi Jobin,
yes I am behind a firewall but it can be done. ()
I summarize what I did - maybe it has to extend with sg.
1. I moved the 'activation' and 'mail' JAR files from the from the <jira-application-dir>/WEB-INF/lib/ to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\lib
maybe it can be wrong but based on the documentation I couldn't identify which is actually the Jira installation dir.
2. I added Gmail as a JNDI resource within the within the <Context/> elements of the /conf/server.xml file.
3. I set 2 things in the setenv.bat file:
* I put this line: set JVM_PROXY=-Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.xxx.xxx.xxx.de -Dhttp.proxyPort=3128 -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts="127.0.0.1|*.xxx.xx"
* And I added to JAVA_OPTS this: %JVM_PROXY%
I didn't do this OPENSSL step because I didn't understand at all.
I attach a picture of the settings in the Outgoing Mail section and my setenv.bat file. Can you please check whether I pasted the proxy settings in a wrong place in the setenv.
Thanks in advance!
Rumi