Scenario
We received a requirement to change the name of Bug to Defect in Jira, but I've identified that many of the JQL filters created in our Jira instance reference that issuetypes name, and not the id.
After a little testing, I figured out we can just use that issuetypes id and it works in place of the name. See example below.
// This will give you a list of bugs, but if the name is changed to defect for example, this JQL will break.
issuetype = "Bug"
// But if you change the JQL to this, it will be resilient to name changes.
issuetype = 10004
My Problem
It's great we have a solution to this and we can update to the issuetype id before we migrate the changes, but is there a way to find out which filters have components that reference the name property instead of the id property so I don't have to go through JQL filters one by one?
Bonus
Is there a way to not only find the list of filters using this convention, but also a way to update those filters programmatically using something like ScriptRunner or Jira Automation?