I'm building a Bitbucket DC HA cluster on aws ec2 linux and following the prescribed installation steps, the AMI isn't approved by our security team so I had to build it by hand.
I am at a roadblock with the LB portion I am trying to configure this LB and I can't figure out which way to go since we need an application lb for http/https and a network lb for the ssh 22 > 7999 but you can't point a dns entry to two places,so what solution did you all use for your LB id you did a self-install? I looked at the classic LB but I read that the classic lb is deprecated, and I see the Gateway LB which seems to be a serious overkill.
We aren't using an elastic IP and then setting up our own ha proxy when AWS has a good tool that has awesome features to it, and requires substantially less configuration than setting up ha proxy and nginx and a slew of other things that require lots of hand-crafted maintenance.
Until I can configure the LB the only thing I can do is access the application, because ssh isn't available unless we set up a second dns entry for the cloning process for ssh.
One other thing I wanted to see what your thoughts were. For the cluster you have to have a network share for the shared directory, what did you use for this I have heard s3 was okay but using the efs isn't compatible. I haven't got the cluster going yet but that will happen as soon as I get the LB set up.