Hello!
I would appreciate it if you would help me with question about improving search system for Confluence 7.15.
The reason is that I want to improve the quality of searches in knowledge base Confluence. I need to add some NLP-features: stemming, search by synonyms, correction of language and mistakes in words.
Can I do it using native search capabilities of Atlassian Confluence? If it not, can I used ElasticSearch (or another search system) to improve it?
As I know, Elasticsearch is most popular solution for this.
Explanation with an example:
AS IS
User try to search «paper mouse»
He see the search results:
- paper mouse
- mouse ate paper
- mouse in the flat
- paper doll
TO BE
User try to search «paper mouse»
He see the search results:
- paper mouse
- paper mice
- cardboard mice
- paper rat
- mouse ate paper
- mouse in the flat
- paper doll
because paper = cardboard, mouse = mice = rat = rats
It is important to note, that I don’t want to use ElasticSearch workplace and connect Confluence with a ElasticSearch workplace (https://www.elastic.co/blog/searching-confluence-with-elastic-workplace-search ).
I need to search different information using the built-in search bar, and I want to improve the built-in search engine by integrating a new search robot there or improving the current one.
I will be grateful to everyone for the ideas!