Hi,
We have Opsgenie as part of the JSM standard package (cloud), and looking to collate our alerts/monitoring in one location.
I have set up the integration as per the article here:
https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-solarwinds-msp-n-central/
At this point I'm not looking for anything too fancy, I'm just essentially after:
- An alert is triggered in N-Central
- "Alert" is then created in OpsGenie
- Alert is acknowledged in N-Central
- Alert is acknowledged In OpsGenie
- Alert is resolved (returns to "normal") in N-Central
- Alert is resolved/closed In OpsGenie
So essentially replicating what it's currently doing, purely so we can capture the alert trigger, acknowledgement and resolve in one location.
So our set up/testing:
- Alert is created in Opsgenie (as expected)
- Alert is acknowledged in Opsgenie and feeds through the name of who acknowledged from N-Central which is great via a note
- However, when the alert is "resolved" or "returns to normal" - I can see this coming in the audit logs within Opsgenie with the old state = failed, and new state = normal, but this doesn't update the Opsgenie alert status or add a comment
I can then see in the audit logs the next interaction.
It essentially treats the "resolved" as an additional acknowledgement, and we're met with a message in the audit logs of:
"Can not execute [Acknowledge] action. Reason: Alert is already acknowledged"
Is this expected? or have I missed something? The integration for receiving notifications just looks like a simple API URL to the user, which works fine on a top level.
I can see there's an OEC integration but this from my understanding is the 2-way sync from Opsgenie back to N-Central which I'm not really interested in doing right now.
Any help would be lovely, thank you!