Error message when Creating issues: Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations.
I believe I've read everything in "Answers" and in existing JIRA tickets regarding this caution message, but have yet to find the culprit in my system.
There are two things going on in our JIRA instance that I believe are related but could be two separate & distinct problems.
1) Regardless of which project is chosen when you go to create a new issue, you get this warning message. It doesn't appear to prevent us from creating specific issue types except for project "X". See #2.
2) In new project "X", we have 11 issue types. 6 of which use a PM style workflow and screen scheme, 5 of which use a developer style workflow and screen scheme. No special issue field configuration schemes have been applied, all issue types are using the same default field configurations that most of our other projects use. Here's the weird thing: users in the Developer role can only create 2 of the 5 developer-style issue types and none of the 6 PM style issue types. Users in the "PMO" role can create all EXCEPT those 2 issue types. There used to be an issue security scheme applied that set a different security scheme for those 2 issue types and applied it as a post function in a unique workflow upon issue creation. I've since removed that unique workflow and the security scheme but the situation remains the same. Supposedly it's not possible to restrict within a project which types of issues a user can create. Yet I've managed to do it and I don't know how.
In the Developers role - only the group "X-Contractors" is included.
In the PMO role - both "X-Contractors" and "X-PMO" are included.
In the Users role - both "X-Contractors" and "X-PMO" are included.
Most of the permissions are granted to the Users role. Developers have Move and Schedule permissions, which PMO and Users do not.
Another weird thing I've noticed ... when I get the create issue pop-up, the screens aren't consistent. the following URL ( https://oururl/browse/ANOTHER/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel ) does NOT present the same create screen that is defined for the Create Issue event and shows up in the pop window with this URL (https://oururl/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#all).
Obviously I have no idea what's relevant and what isn't.
Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Karla