I successfully installed Confluence on my server. I already have IIS7 installed on this machine so I set that all requests for Confluence go through IIS web site.
The problem occurs when I create new space, blog post or page and its name includes space character (for example: "New page"). When I click on the title to see this page I get 404 Page Not Found IIS error. I found out that it is because of URL formatting. Confluence shows the URL as: http://mysite.com/confluence/MYSPACE/New+Page. It replaces space character with plus (+) character. If I manually replace it back with space character so the URL is like this: http://mysite.com/confluence/MYSPACE/New page, then it works normally.
If I use names without space characters in them everything works as it should. If I access the web site directly through Tomcat (localhost with port number), everythings works (including the names with space characters). So I assume there is some URL rewrite rule or something similar that works on Tomcat but not when I access site through IIS and my domain name. Are there any guidelines which could help me identify it and fix it?