Multiple projects are using same Confiforms form in their Confluence spaces. I created confiforms form to each confluence pages. I find out problem how to update the form in multiple spaces. Before I am deep in troubles how to avoid that. Can I create a confiforms form as a template and i just update the template or can I somehow update all forms at one time.
Hi @Mika Hotti
ConfiForms configuration is part of the page storage format. Which means, if you have it in multiple places/pages then you will need to update in multiple pages as you do with any Confluence contents
When you say "same" - have you created a ConfiForms Form Definition on each page and now want to update it on these pages?
Generally, forms are created/defined on central pages and and then used through the ConfiForms FromView Registrations Controls from multiple pages. Collecting data from multiple sources into a centralized place
Alex
Hi @Alex Medved
Yes -that is the challenge. It is not done yet because I noticed that challenge during piloting the solution.
I am building a solution to manage different development projects in jira. For example forms I created are collecting some data from Developmen projects Jira issues. One form is part of development project monthly report to steering committee. The problem is that we have so many development projects. There is no sense to update forms project after project because of the workload.
Does it make any sense that all confiforms forms are in one confluence space. All project managers open forms from the same place and save it to each development projects own space (diary). So in the form project manages choose the development project she/he is going to report and the space where it should be saved (Development projects diary)
I was also thinking the possibility to to use Confiforms form as a global template. Is it possible?
Mika
You can set up one form and collect data from different projects into one form if that makes sense
If it does not then you can just make a template, right - but this will not solve the problem if you want to update your forms one day
It could also be a user macro, which is centrally managed and that is what you put on a project page.
Hard to advise anything - depends on what you want to achieve. But what ConfiForms can offer is a split of configuration and view
So, you form (definition) can be in one place and form views and other views can be anywhere else
One form collects data from on project. I think the best solution is centrally managed macro. How to do it? I have never done centrally managed Confiforms form as a macro. Any links useful links?
I would be interessted in the setup to update the records of one form from other pages.I setup form "central" define different fields and ifttt.then I have a subpage. There I place a registration controll and few fields. After selecting from a SmartDrowpdown the right record to modify. I want to enter some text or so and submit and the text should be within the selected record.so far so maybe easy. but it does not work. any ideas
This type of ConfiForms IFTTT - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions+and+rules#ConfiguringConfiFormsIFTTTactionsandrules-UpdateConfiFormsEntriesbyFilter can help you to achieve this functionality
I tried every way I could imagine. It is allways going to create a new record.I cant figure out why.this is main form<p>Formular für die Beschaffungsanbahnung nur Teile auf der "Projektstartseite"</p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="f7d5bf01-08cf-4b47-9b42-f92199276b8b" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">hauptundunter</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="99f9b2e5-cf80-4f80-846b-2a120c669076" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">hauptundunter</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">Embedded</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="d0f86d5d-a755-47cb-a7d3-9b6d725cea5c" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">hauptjaunternein</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="withLabel">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="031ae78a-bd81-4619-abc8-6ebf20aedbdc" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">projectid</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="withLabel">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="0477bfad-e512-4262-abc9-8b018a5e9de1" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldPlaceholder">Bitte Text eingeben</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">hauptjaunternein</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">HauptjaUnterNein</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="8834c49b-5404-4817-9910-cc297bce3146" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">projectid</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">ProjectID</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="values">Project:1</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldDescription">Identifier</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="5061540d-cc6c-4f2e-a90a-6d569a4f2c74" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldPlaceholder">Test eingeben</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">unter1</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Unterseite1</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldDescription">Unterseite 1</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="96caebdd-f5a3-4ec5-bef6-ab5abc4ae797" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldPlaceholder">Text eingeben</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">unter2</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Unterseite 2</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldDescription">Unterseite 2</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="3ef5e1ec-94d5-4653-b5e3-7a2fcaf78689" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">selectproject</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Auswahl</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="values">[315289217|hauptundunter|projectid|true||]</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">smartselect</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="41ceaae1-303f-4a31-9713-071875886bc4" ac:name="confiform-ifttt" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="condition">[entry.projectid]=projectid</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="action">Update ConfiForms entries by filter</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="event">onModified</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="title">[entry.unter1]=[entry.unter1]</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="extras2">projectid=[entry.projectid]</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><p><br/></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><p><br/></p><p>Zeigt den gesamten Datensatz HauptundUnter-Formular</p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="e880a5d4-ee79-4277-8ef7-82cb2fbf9d7d" ac:name="confiform-card" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">hauptundunter</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><p><br/></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><p><br/></p>and this the registration controll on a sub page:<p><br/></p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a694814b-400b-4e52-bd26-eb046349520d" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="pageTitle"><ac:link><ri:page ri:content-title="@parent"/></ac:link></ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="formName">hauptundunter</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="type">Embedded</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="7dbc89d9-516b-407f-b1c5-54221ae3b6bc" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">unter1</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="b1419936-6f90-42bc-894e-30198c02d790" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1"><ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">projectid</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p><br/><p><br/></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><p><br/></p>
The mentioned IFTTT cannot create a new record - it is called "Update ConfiForms entries by filter", it can only update
Your configuration of the macro has multiple issues - conditions and filters should be given as https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Filters
This comes handy when you want to debug and troubleshoot the IFTTTs that you put for the form to run
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.