Hi,
I have the following use case:
Jira Service Management (Insight) will be used as our inventory tool. So there will be a lot of mobile phones (objects) with their IMEI in the desired object types list. -> easy
Challenge is that we do have e.g. thousand different phones in the list. To avoid typos I could do a different object type with the vendors and mobile names and link it to the IMEI list.
Solution #1: Do an object list and link it to the initial IMEI list where there is one object called e.g. Apple iPhone SE 2020, Apple iPhone SE 2022, Samsung Galaxy A13 (SM-A137F), Samsung Galaxy A13 (SM-135F),... which will be a very long text field. Also the device name needs to be added everytime a new device was bought. -> okish but not the best solution because the users might not add the same naming schema.
Solution #2: Just add an object attribute to the IMEI list which is called Vendor and Device Name. -> definitely not ok as there will be a mismatch of the names most of the time.
Solution #3: As there exist Epics in Jira with the correct Device Vendor and Names it would be best to have an object attribute in the IMEI list which is linked to the Epics in Jira. -> couldn't find such a solution so either there is no such thing or I searched the wrong way.
For a better understanding ... I want to have it like the story - epic link. So if you create a story in jira you have the epic link field where you can choose the epic link. So if I create a new object in insight I want to have a field epic link (or you name it) to link to the epic in jira.
TIA