I am launching confluence using the docker-compose setup. Following is my setup:
It produces following error:
By default the Confuence application runs as the user confluence, with a UID and GID of 2002,
confluence
Jira is 2001, make sure the data directory's owner is 2002 or 2001.
Initially, I have no directories. So directories are created by `docker compose up`. I don't know why the directories are created with root ownership. Even if I pass `user: confluence`, the host directories are still owned by `root`.
Another point, if I use named volumes then it works fine. but I want to use host directories.
When "docker compose up" creates the directories it makes they owned by root. You should create the directories before starting the containers and make them owned by the user that will have to use them inside the container. In this case, since it's for Confluence, you need to make they owned by uid 2002. Something like this:
mkdir -p ./logs/confluence-logssudo chown 2002:2002 ./logs/confluence-logs
This works. I have also tried to pass `user: jira` in `docker-compose.yml` service definition. But that didn't work. This should ideally be fixed in the docker image. The entry-point script that is creating those folders should fix the ownership.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.