I am attempting to create an AD/LDAP filter for confluence. We currently have our own AD services, however are about to start to have to use the primary organizations AD and we do not want to pull in all the users, 170k, and want to restrict it to just our staff. we have a group setup lets say it is as follows:
CN=Confluence-Users,OU=Security,OU=Groups,OU=depatment,OU=organization,DC=tech,DC=ad,DC=example,DC=com)
we then have 3 groups assigned to it
DN: CN=fulltime,OU=Managed Groups,OU=organization,DC=tech,DC=ad,DC=example,DC=com
DN: CN=contract,OU=Managed Groups,OU=organization,DC=tech,DC=ad,DC=example,DC=com
DN: CN=parttime,OU=Managed Groups,OU=organization,DC=tech,DC=ad,DC=example,DC=com
One of these groups are assigned to each of our staff memebers.
I have attempted to create the search filter as such:
(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf:1.2.840.113556.1.4.1941:=CN=Confluence-Users,OU=Security,OU=Groups,OU=depatment,OU=organization,DC=tech,DC=ad,DC=example,DC=com))
But it is not finding my users.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Edit
Additional information I probably should have included. I have the option to include nested groups checked.
For base DN I have used both OU=Security,OU=Groups,OU=depatment,OU=organization,DC=tech,DC=ad,DC=example,DC=com as well as path to the 170k users.