I have recently upgraded our Atlassian applications running on a Windows 2008 server (JIRA now 5.0.6, Bamboo now 4.2, FishEye now 2.8.0 and Confluence now ) and have experienced a number of problems with Bamboo, FishEye and Confluence sharing JIRA users.
It appears that application names in JIRA User Server were somehow changed during one of the upgrades (refer to one of my earlier questions at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/88766). After removing and re-adding FishEye and Bamboo applications, JIRA User Server seems to be working as expected, but Confluence is proving more difficult.
To cut a long story short, something I have done whilst trying to configure the Application Link between Confluence and JIRA and the JIRA User Server settings has disabled (or removed) the Confluence user code that I had previously used for Confluence administration, which means that the links between the applications cannot be restored.
How do I recover the previous Confluence administration user - or create a new one?