I'm in the process of evaluating switching from the internal database to MS SQL. I have read the Migrate to Another Database guide (using method 2), and overall it seems pretty clear.
Now, after I have moved the attachments to the new the home directory, I get a new Server-ID. When opening the Confluence Setup I am requested to enter a license for the new Server-ID (so I'd have to generate a new license). In my case, I have changed the Server-ID under my.atlassian.com, and pasted the new license into the setup.
Later on, I have to import the backup of my data. It redirects me to a progress site, which should show me how far the progress of importing is. Problem is, the page is not refreshing. After a while, I refresh the page, and I get an error (no further description, I guess it's because of the license). On the error page is an label showing the Server-ID (here it shows the original one).
I then restarted Confluence and I've had an working Confluence installation with all the data back in the system. However, I am unsure how proper this upgrade was? Have I done something wrong or should I use this procedure for the productive system?
I am upgrading from 4.1 to 4.3.3