Is there a way to change usernames in JIRA similar to the following document?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF51/Changing+Usernames
I was able to successfully follow this process and get everything in Confluence converted without issues and was hoping there was a similar way to do this for JIRA 6.0.
Thanks,
Trevor
I did. It looks like there's a change I'll need to make in the system variables so I can edit the property since I've already connected LDAP to JIRA.
See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=358908194
Thanks for everything on this one.
In JIRA6, it is easier. https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Preparing+for+JIRA+6.0#PreparingforJIRA6.0-RenameUsers
Just go to User Management and "Edit" user.
Thank you so much for the quick response! One more question. What should I do if I want to remap ownership of the existing user's content to one from an LDAP server?
On another note, it appears that when I go in and click edit for the user, I only get the option to change Full Name, Email, and check or uncheck the Active Box.
You won't be able to change an LDAP username from JIRA unless maybe it is a "Read/Write" directory. You can do it in internal directory.
If the username is same in both LDAP and internal directory, changing the order of directories will change the ownership.
Ok, a little background. I have two user names for some users because they were created in an OnDemand instance prior to migrating to a locally hosted instance. I want to change their old JIRA Directory usernames to their corresponding LDAP usernames to "merge" the two so users have a single login.
Also, it appears that when I go in and click edit for the user, I only get the option to change Full Name, Email, and check or uncheck the Active Box.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.