We have an idea that was created by someone who is no longer working in the project. Is there a way to change the creator of the idea to someone else?
Hi @Andrew Hewitson to my knowledge, you cannot change the Creator. You can submit a suggestion with Atlassian directly if you like, but honestly, why would you change the creator? The "someone else" did not create that idea.
You can change the Reporter though, but not the Creator.
The person that entered this idea was not actually the originator of the idea. They only entered/created the ideas during evaluation of the product. We would like to get the idea changed to the person who the idea should be attributed to.
Then my suggestion/workaround would be to remove/delete the Idea and have it re-submitted by the person who the idea should be attributed to.
It would be nice if there was at least a backdoor way to be able to edit this field. We just finished a migration and I imported the Ideas from the previous instance into the new one (because JPD isn't supported for migration). After import, I was listed as the Creator for every Idea. I was able to get the Reporter field straightened out, so I was going to use automation to copy the value from the Reporter field to the Creator field. I guess it doesn't make sense to trust an admin with the ability to work however they need within their project...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.