The current Project Lead is no longer with us. We need to assign this role to another resource. Project Lead does not appear in the list of options to assign when modifying the project under "users and roles".
Hello Andrew,
You could go to project details to change the project lead.
Let me know if this helps.
Hitesh.
My Details view does not look as yours. I do not see the fields.
In Jira Cloud:
In Jira Server:
^ If you make these edits and it's not working as expected, ensure there are no Component Leads based on the old user. To check this in both host types:
Hi Andrew,
You should be a Project Admin OR JIRA Admin to change the Project lead.
To change the Project Lead go to project details and there you can see the Project Lead option and you can select the user from the dropdown whom you want make Project Lead.
Hi @Hitesh
These instructions are helpful. I'm running into a similar issue where I can access the UI to change the project lead, but there are no options to change it from me (Jira Admin) to the actual Project Leader (Project Admin).
I don't see a difference in the roles or permissions for this project that the desired user for Project Leader has in the other projects in which they are the project leader. In fact, when creating this project, I cloned of one their existing project's configurations.
It's possible that I may have skipped assigning the Project Leader during project creation, but I am still new to Jira.
How do I get the desired user to show up as an option for the Project Lead?
Am I missing some kind of admin permissions?
FYI - We are migrating from Jira Server to Jira Data Center.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.