You will want to complete the 'jobs to be done' at least two weeks before the planning event.
We hope you found these guides helpful. Let us know if you have any questions or provide feedback here in the Community.
Hi @Nohma Abboud ,
Thank you for these guides !!
I want to try it but I can't download the "Prepare for PI Planning Template" document.
Can you shared it please?
Thank you,
Best reagards,
Lilia.
Hi @Lilia Ben Henia ,
Thank you for letting me know that it's not working for you. Let me fix it.
Nohma
@Lilia Ben Henia Can you try it again? the link has been fixed
Yes, now it's ok.
thank you @Nohma Abboud
This is the first team I hear about Atlassian Success Central, another very useful resource.
Thanks for sharing @Nohma Abboud
Howdy Community!
Soliciting feedback on these two new guides. Let us know your thoughts and if there are any other guide topics that you would like to see in the future.
Appreciate you!
Michelle
@Nohma Abboud thanks for the step by step guide,
I need to try from my end.
vikram P
@Nohma Abboud Could you please share this guide with me. I can not open both links unfortunately.
Reagrds
Tatiana
@Tatiana P Let me fix the link
@Tatiana P the links are now fixed
Much needed and appreciated guides. Looking forward to trying these in active projects.
Hello,
The links are not working, is it possible to correct it?
@Gerson Albuquerque
I think the links have been consolidated here https://success.atlassian.com/solution-resources/agile-and-devops-ado/agile-at-scale-practices
PI planning with Roadmaps is in the bottom row of the page.
Thanks @Neill Walker
Thanks for this article!
Honestly I feel like advanced roadmaps is not really suited for working SAFE. I'd be glad to hear other opinions.
Couple of things I'm missing:
@Charlie Misonne
We used Releases to identify PIs and it works pretty well. You can group by Release so it makes it easy to assign Features to PI.
Advanced Roadmaps might not be the best tool for PI planning but it is workable, and most customers large enough to be using SAFe are probably using the Premium plan, so it's free for them to use. At the very least it's a decent stepping stone.
Thanks for sharing this @Neill Walker
I was also thinking about using releases instead of a custom field.
Decent stepping stone: I totally agree :-) But I'm currently looking into more specialized plugins that can do it better.
Hi Charlie, Thanks for the comment and feedback, I came to respond but @Neil Walker beat me to it. PI Planning with Advanced Roadmaps was designed for organizations using SAFe that might be smaller or who want to get started with implementing SAFe or some aspects of it. It could definitely be a stepping stone to Jira Align for organizations that grow out of it. I'd love to hear any additional feedback if you do decide to give this a try.
@Michelle Melancon thanks for sharing Atlassian's view on my concern. I really appreciate it.
I will definitely bring up Jira Align as a solution for mature SAFe organizations.
We made a lot of updates to this solution guide, read this article https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Enterprise-articles/New-updates-to-Quarterly-Planning-with-Jira-Cloud-Solution-Guide/ba-p/2506770
@Nohma Abboud @Jessica Piikkila Prepare for PI Planning events link is broken again. Could you please take a look
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.