We currently run Bitbucket 4.12 on windows whilst in the process of updating the server version to a 7. x and then to the cloud version. Is there a way to go directly to 7. x instead of moving to version 5. x first to make changes to the server.xml file to the bitbucket.properties file before moving to 7. x then cloud.
server.xml
bitbucket.properties
Hi Michael,
You can upgrade from any version of Stash or Bitbucket Server to 7.x without intermediate upgrades. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver0721/bitbucket-server-upgrade-guide-1115666806.html
Cheers
Christian
Premier Support Engineer
Atlassian
Hi @Michael Lindo
In my personal opinion I would not recommend this, as you mention, some directories and files where changed in bitbucket 5.X.
I know this adds a few steps that can slow down the process, but if you follow them, you will make sure everything will be upgraded without any unexpected errors. If you go to Bitbucket 7.X directly you will need at some point to perform this changes in your server.
Again, this is only my personal opinion, and this is the path I follow when our customers ask for an upgrade.
Anyway, before executing the upgrade make sure you have all of the backups needed in case you need to rollback the process.
Regards!
So my plan is to go directly to 7.x and make the relevant changes to the files and directories. Is there a list of the files and directories I need to consider capturing before the upgrade. I am running through this in a test environment first. Documenting it and then running the procedure on live.
The document only references the server.xml file to copy. Is there anything else to consider?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.