Hi All
I have a vulnerable issue for Path Traversal, how can I fix this issue with on-premise environment (v7.6.13)
[JSDSERVER-6589] URL path traversal allows information disclosure - CVE-2019-15004 - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.
PS: Hopefully you can give me any user-guideline, thanks.
Thanks,
Willie
Hi @willie ,
Welcome to the community. Your Jira instance needs to be upgraded asap. This vulnerability is known for more than two years.
all information about it should be documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-service-desk-security-advisory-2019-11-06-1047539905.html
Hi @Kai Becker
Thanks very much for your help, please do me a favor again, what will be happened if I add rules to JIRA system as following codes.
I can't update to latest version, because my Jira is on-premise(v7.6.13), in other words, I have to use this rules for a vary long time, Will the JIRA application be affected?
Please give me more messages about this issue, thanks again
<rule> <from>/servicedesk/.*\.jsp.*</from> <to type="temporary-redirect">/</to> </rule>
Sorry bother you again, if I want to add the rules into the urlrewriter.xml , how can I do with multiple "Rules"
For example: this is my JIRA urlrewriter.xml content, how to add a another rule
<urlrewrite><!-- Caching of static resources --><class-rule class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webresource.CachingResourceDownloadRewriteRule"/><!-- @since 5.0 [KickAss]--><rule> <from>^/issues(\?.*)?$</from> <to type="permanent-redirect">issues/$1</to></rule>
### Could I add this codes under the this position
</urlrewrite>
Thanks again ,
sorry for the late response. I'm not an sysadmin, so I can't give you any tips/hints on url rewrite stuff. Sorry about that.
But I would highly recommend, that your Jira should not be accessible outside your company network. Jira 7.6.x reached End of Life on 16 November, 2019, so there might be a lot more vulnerabilities in your current setup.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.