I have just installed JIRA on an i686 Ubuntu 10.10 server using the Linux setup script. The server is already running JBoss on port 8080, so in the setup I specified port 8090 for JIRA's Tomcat.
Setup completed without error and stared the Tomcat server, but I cannot access it in my browser (Chrome says "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to <hostname>:8090". JBoss on 8080 still works fine.
I ran netstat -antl and found of interest:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8080 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
[...]
tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 :::8090 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 :::443 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 127.0.0.1:8005 :::* LISTEN
It appears that Tomcat has bound itself to an IPv6 address (if I understand correctly; I don't know much about IPv6). It is listening on the port, but doesn't respond to my browser request (which is presumably an IPv4 request?).
Is there any way I can either get Tomcat using regular tcp or access it through a web browser?