I've seen some text on a cards in the Kanban board with a coloured background. When I choose a different colour in card colours only the edge of the card is coloured.
How do I colour the text background?
Hello @Colin Read
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
Can you provide an example of the card displaying text with a background color?
I suspect what you are seeing in the card is the name of its Epic parent, and the color you are seeing is the color assigned to the Epic issue itself.
Jira does not natively support setting a background color for display of text on a card in a board, but there may be third party apps that would enable that.
Offhand the only way I know that the background color of cards may differ is when issues are flagged.
This is an example. I'd like to replicate this using labels as the source. I think these my be Epics
Hi @Colin Read ,
Yes, those in your screenshots are Epics.
And unfortunately, only Epics can (currently) be displayed that way. While there some apps that can go some of the way and color labels on the issue screen, it is currently not possible to add this to boards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.