Seems there is no possibility to remove someone from following a certain Project.
Hey @Hans Van Dingenen - indeed you are correct that you can't remove followers from projects like you can add them. Individuals have to explicitly unfollow themselves but will send this to the team for consideration. We may decide to add this functionality in the future.
Would be very helpful for at least administrators
Hi Hans, keen to understand why you want to remove this follower? We've debated this in the past and decided to let the followers decide if they want to unfollow or not. Would love the use-case a bit better
Associates (Business) move on to other positions within the company. Due to their new responsibilities, they have no longer any direct interest in the Project.
Sometimes a person is added inadvertently and will not need to know status. In this case yes, privacy could be an issue.
Some complain and want an Admin to do it vs. clicking a button.
This is probably more of a training problem but our use case is that our executive team doesn't actually log into Atlas. They just really like the email updates and call it good. So when an messages me to ask to be removed, I have to walk them through the steps instead of just being able to execute the request for them.
+1 for project owners having capability to administer followers.
We would appreciate a "remove follower" option.
Cheers,
PeterQ
+1 -- I added followers to a project as part of testing out this feature, but now would like to limit this list. It's too easy to add followers to a project for it to turn out permanent.
I share all use cases above. I have a set of projects which I added team members to test following, however we haven't gone live with those projects and need to remove them so all the changes I make while preparing the project doesn't update the followers.
Should be available for administrators.
In addition to the above use cases, I added a follower with the wrong email address, and can't remove them now.
Simply put, there are some business updates here that I don't want the team to see.
Its not clear how long the team will see an update for , even after leaving the company, or if the person is deemed malicious and giving away company updates , I should be able to remove them.
As an admin, I should have this rights on who does, and does not get to follow the project development, including future goals etc
Did you get this resolved? I am running into the same issue
Why Contributors/Project Admins should have ability to remove a follower in Atlas:
@Anish Deena Is there any update on whether the ability for admins to remove followers is going to be implemented?
I have a 70+ member of our trustee board who no longer needs updates on certain goals and wants them to stop, but there is no way that she is going to cope with going to Atlas and unfollowing by herself, and every time she gets a no longer wanted update she complains to the CEO.
After talking to the Atlassian support they told me to upvote and watch this JAC ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ATLAS-124
I'd like to invite all of you to do the same :-)
Thanks and have a great day,
Christian
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.