Hello,
I am using confluence server, and I need to display JSON data from a url (an API) in a table on a confluence page.
As an example of what I wish to do, I provide some dummy JSON data that has the same nested structure. In this example, there are 2 entries coming from separate form submissions, each of which record the same questions.
As an example, it would be great if I could find a way to display this data as a simple 2x2 table, with separate rows for each of the 2 entries, and columns corresponding to the answer to questions 2 and 3 (“Organization represented by speaker" and "Title of contribution"). The data comes from a url having the structure https://api.jotform.com/form/{formID}/submissions?apiKey={apiKey}
The answers I am seeking are nested under content/answers/{answer#}/answer/
I’m not able to install macros, but I have the following macros available to me that I could use:-
- ‘Advanced Table Editor - JSON Table’ (Bob Swift)
- ‘Table from JSON’ Macro (Stiltsoft)
- 'Restful Table' Macro (Adaptavist)
I have made extensive efforts to utilize those macros, already looking at the documentation and examples on their websites, which I cannot replicate or which are not applicable. (Although one of them provides a detailed worked example online, unfortunately the url for the JSON data no longer works, so there is no possibility of understanding/replicating it.) I have also searched for previous questions posted by other users on atlassian, but they didn’t seem to have the info I need. I just can’t figure out how to use any of these macros to achieve my desired outcome.
Since the JSON data provided via the url (API) might change, I need the table to update itself, for example when the page is opened/reloaded. – So attaching the JSON data as a file attachment, or importing it, is not a solution for me.
I would be very grateful if anyone can show me how to implement this as a worked example.
Thanks,
Chris
