I'm (painfully) staggering through troubleshooting a long, annoying, and glitchy workflow.
I have setup an automation using Butler & Sendboard to fulfil digital orders from another platform, using pattern & wildcard.
Here's the existing rule;
when the description of a card contains "Customer Information {* } {* } {*} Customer Information", set custom field "First" to "{wildcard1}", set custom field "Last" to "{wildcard2}", set custom field "email" to "{wildcard3}"
I had it working for my test case with the third wildcard set to {* } where the email came immediately after the First Last, but unfortunately hadn't thought through the variations of address & billing that would come my way.
It's working to populate the custom field for First and Last but of course not email. I know why it's not working... but not how to fix it!
Here's the final hurdle:
I have managed to extract the first name & last name using the rule above, but the email address falls at differing places in the pattern.
How can I tell Butler to find the email address?
Here's an example of the text;
There is a looooong section with a bunch of irrelevant data first.... then Customer Information Tara Thomas 1234 Somewhere Street Suburb NSW 2283 AU tara@emailaddress.com.au 12345678 Billing Information ...1234 — Visa Tara Thomas AU tara@emailaddress.com.au 987654321 Customer Information Tara Thomas 1234 Somewhere Street Suburb NSW 2283 AU tara@emailaddress.com.au 12345678
I can only imagine that depending on the location and billing choices that the text between "Customer Information" and "Customer Information" will vary wildly.
Please, for the love of all that's good in this world, HALP! (Also, be gentle, I muddle through with Butler but that's about the extent of my skills)
PS - this is what I get for being so smug about finally getting this all worked out and prematurely sending out links to order the product. FML.