I have a lot of hardware in Insight, all with unique key. A part of those need updated information which I already placed in a CSV file.
What information, or structure does my CSV need to be and how do I update my Insight Objects based on that CSV?
If your CSV contains the same key or some other uniquely identifiable attribute in your insight object type, then the import will be a breeze.
Just link your CSV to your import configuration.
Map all the attributes you want to update (or are used to map to existing object).
Be sure to check the "identifier" box for the key attribute.
When you import, no new object will be updated. Only the attributes mapped will be refreshed from the csv.
And be sure to leave parameters such as "missing object" set to "ignore".
Thank you for the answer. I'm very new to all this and I can't seem to get my import working.I have made 2 "test" objects.I made my CSV file, based on those 2 and made a little change for the status. Just to see if it works.
Key;Name;Tag;Model;StatusHW-93971;360Fly 4K Camera - 12345;12345;HW-7532;42HW-93972;4 Port USB DisplayPort KVM Switch with Audio - 12346;12346;HW-8174;43
Created an Import:
Sorry for the language. I can not make my language into English (As I would want to, but company decided differently)So I feel like something is wrong in the Import configuration, but I don't know what I have to do to make it work.
The import configuration will report an error even if everything is ok until the object type configuration below is complete.
So click on "Hardware" below your import configuration to expand that group and try to set that up.
I got everything working, but nothing is hanging. I tried changing name and tag, but nothing, but I'll get back on it later. I'm on a different project now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.