How should I migrate a Jira using local accounts to one that is using, mostly, LDAP accounts.
The system has the following authentication setup: #1 mecanism an Active Directory (LDAP) and 2nd the local directory. This setup requires all users with accounts that do match LDAP account id to enter LDAP password, even if they could have a different password for the local account. (That's OK)
I have almost 1000 local users which have to be migrated to LDAP, sometimes with account rename.
I know about the Groovy Runner plugin which can rename and merge accounts.
Which should be the proper workflow in order to achieve this without too much trouble for the admin and also for the users.
The most important part: I want to be sure that if the LDAP account is disabled the user loose the access to the system.
Currently if you are using a dual-configuration and you have the same account name in both LDAP and local directory, the user will not loose access to the system.