How do you create numbered lists in a table column that automatically update if you add or remove a row?
When in a table cell, start typing with a # then space and you have a numbered list.
You have to type a space after the # for Confluence to start a list, but I don't think this will number the rows like she would like.
I think you might have to use javascript to do it for you automatically.
Advanced Tables for Confluence has the Table Plus Macro which supports an autoNumber parameter that addes a column to the front of the table. Autonumbering Rows and Auto-totalling Numeric Columns is an example.
Yes, thanks for the correction. I guess it was not clear to me what she intended. I will provide a different answer if that is what she intended. I was thrown off by the term numbered lists. In any case, both meanings are covered by answers .
Here is a user macro that I think works for what you are trying to do. Once you have created the user macro then wrap your tables with the table_autonumber macro and it will autonumber all the table rows that are not heading rows.
Macro Name:table_autonumber
Macro Title:Table Autonumber
Macro Body Processing:Rendered
Template:## Developed by: Davin Studer## Date created: 04/30/2014## @noparams#set( $id = $action.dateFormatter.calendar.timeInMillis )<div id="$id">$body</div><script type="text/javascript">AJS.toInit(function(){ AJS.$('#$id table').each(function(){ var count = 1; AJS.$('tr', this).each(function(){ if(AJS.$('th',this).length != 0) { AJS.$(this).prepend('<th class="confluenceTh"> </th>'); } else { AJS.$(this).prepend('<td class="confluenceTd">' + count + '</td>'); count++; } }); });});</script>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.