In active sprints under my board configuration, I need to add more columns but the add feature is not enabled.
Hello @Joseph Garcia
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
You would need to be an Administrator for the Board (or a Jira Administrator) to be able to add columns to the board.
Additionally Columns on the board are used for grouping issues by their Statuses. If what you really want is to add more Status values for your issues, generally that can be done only by a Jira Administrator.
There are very specific circumstances where a person who is not a full Jira Administrator might be able to add more statuses. One of the prerequisites in that case would be that your board Columns configuration page shows that you are using the Simplified Workflow for your project.
I don't have the two buttons:
Add Status/Add Columns in my options. Please assist. I am the administrator.
Hello Joseph,
Can you share with us the filter query for the board?
What type of administrator are you? Are you an administrator for that agile board? Are you an administrator for the projects that are within the board's filter query? Are you a Jira Administrator?
Can you show use the screen you see?
What version of Jira are you using?
I am an Administrator.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.