Hi,
I am looking to remove a stash license but instead of backing up and migrating all the data as suggested here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Migrating+Stash+to+another+server
I would just like to free the license up for use on another machine without worrying about the existing data.
Is this possible?
Thanks.
According to this page, "A Stash commercial/academic/starter license entitles you to: Deploy a single instance of Stash in a production environment accessible by the number of users licensed[...]"
So you cannot split your licence between two servers. However, if your other server is a test server, you can use a free Developer licence on it.
Hi Conner, The use of the license is to keep track on how many users are able to use Stash based on your license key. So when you mentioned, "I would just like to free the license up for use on another machine", could you elaborate more of what are you trying to free up? Cheers, Andrew Er
Hi Andrew, I didn't realize it was user based. So will I be able to create a new instance of Stash on a different server using the same key as long as I have users left on the key?
So the only way to get a license off of a server once its been installed is to migrate the entire directory to a new server?
Hi Conner,
You can only deploy a Stash license onto one production server as mentioned by Balazs. If you are a commercial or an academic license holders, you can get a developer license as a separate license onto your test servers.
Does that answer your question?
Cheers,
Andrew Er
Since there is one licence string per server, the only way to move it is to migrate the whole server. BTW you actually need to migrate the server, because the licence key is tied to the server ID. (= It will not work on a freshly installed server with a different server ID.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.