I wonder whether I can progmmatically add watchers to my Jira Issue through Java code instead of manually add it through web browser, for Jira 4.2 version? Is there an open source Jar for this purpose? Thanks.
Hey Wendy,
You need to use WatcherManager. Refer to the API here
https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/issue/watchers/WatcherManager.html
Thank youBhushan
try with this code
WatcherManager watcherManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getWatcherManager(); watcherManager.startWatching(user, issue.getGenericValue()); (or) private UserAssociationStore userAssociationStore = ComponentManager .getComponentInstanceOfType(UserAssociationStore.class); public static final String ASSOCIATION_TYPE = "WatchIssue"; userAssociationStore.createAssociation(ASSOCIATION_TYPE,user, issue.getGenericValue());
Thanks. However I can not find a .jar file to download for this WatcherManager, I wonder whether this is open source, especially for Jira 4.2 version? Do you happen to know a place to download its related .jar file? Thanks a lot.
Hi Wendy,
You can develop your own plugins to add functionality to Jira. Refer to the Jira plugin development guide.
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Developer+Documentation
There are several tutorials available there. I have a simple tutorial avaiable here which you may also find helpful.
https://bitbucket.org/bhushan154/jira-issue-tab-panel-tutorial/wiki/Home
Cheers
Bhushan
Maybe I did not explain clearly, I am not trying to make modification to my Jira server service, I am trying to automatically create issue and add watchers through another Java program which is not a part or plugin of the Jira server. I am trying to communicate with the Jira server through this other program, rather than through web browser. I guess to build a plugin is to change the Jira server itself and we do not want to do that. We just want to communicate with the server side through program. Sorry for the confusion. Do you have any suggestion towards what I am doing? thanks.
hey! i have updated my answer, it should work on jira 4.2, if not let me know
you can add watcher through REST api
/rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/watchers(POST)
check this doc
https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#idp1884368
p.e using curl
curl -i -u admin:admin -H "Content-Type: application/json"-H "Accept: application/json"-X POST -d '"prasad"'http://localhost:8080/rest/api/2/issue/TEST-1/watchers
curl -i -u admin:admin -H
"Content-Type: application/json"
-H
"Accept: application/json"
-X POST -d
'"prasad"'
http:
//localhost
:8080
/rest/api/2/issue/TEST-1/watchers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.