This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Anchors
I want to link to an anchor or heading inside a page, but that page has no Name but an pageID. What is the syntax for linking to that anchor?
This question was already asked, but not answered yet: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/291677
Hi Mehrdad,
Just copy the name of the page and enter it in the advanced section of the link dialog like so:
Page name#anchorname
It should work even when there are weird characters in the name. I'll add a note to the page to make this clearer.
Every page has a name AND an ID.
Is it possible to create a page without name?!
OK, then tell me how to find out the Name of the page, when in the address bar I only see the ID?
It's the title of page, that is, the line above "Created by ..."
Well, I just click on [Create] and a new page apears. I type the title and the content, then save it. What I then see in the address bar is something like "...?pageid=897632". So even if the page has a Name, I don't know it.
Bingo! That title is the page name.
Hi Giles,
I tried it, but it didn't work. The title of my page is "This/That" and it is in the space "Galaxy". I tried both:
Galaxy:This/That#the_anchor
and:
This/That#the_anchor
The result was "Page not found!"
I thought the slash in the tame is the problem, so I tried the whole thing on another page that did have a name --> the same problem!!
At the end I found out, the problem is the auto-converter of that textbox in the advanced page. Like many other auto-conversions in Confluence the mechanism only works, if your really type the page name just when you first click in the textbox. Pasting the text or having a wrong value then editing it, or even completely removing it and then re-typing the correct text don't work, you should really type without editing:
Then it works.
Alternatively you can use:
<span class="nolink"><span class="nolink">http://confluence.mycompany.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=34325612#This/That-the_anchor</span></span>
- Mehrdad
Worked for me. Thanks a lot!
Thanks that solved my problem too!
Hi There,
As far as I am concerned, I am trying to link an anchor from a page in an other space, so I made this link that works properly:
IDEA:Règles d'affaires (version finale)#My-Anchor
The name of my page is "Règles d'affaires (version finale)" and I know it could be renamed soon by anyone in my team and cause a broken link...
My question: Can I use a page ID instead of the page name to ensure that my link is never broken in the case I rename my page?
Thanks a lot!
Although it's totally counter intuitive to include the page name in the anchor name, this had me puzzled for the longest time.https://ourdomain.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=9699987#IPSECVPNsettings(foriOS)-apple_testWhere "apple_test" was my anchor name, and "IPSEC VPN settings (for iOS)" is the page title, did it for me. The docs could do with a bit of clarifying, but really the macro 'should' just generate an extra anchor without the name or with the id, in my mind then, the problem would disappear?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.