Interested in switching over to hosting Jira ourselves. Was wondering if he did, if we could change attachment images into comments with a plug in or something.
You can display attached images in a comment in JIRA out of the box.
This post explains how to do so, no plugin required.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/83553/can-you-add-images-and-or-files-to-comment-in-jira
We want to use this with people who aren't very tech savy and don't want them to do inline wiki markup every time. Is there nother way?
I think the JEditor plugin will let you do this? It looks like it does, I haven't tried it though. There may be some other Rich Text Editors out there for JIRA that do this, but this is the only one I know of off the top of my head.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jiraeditor.jeditor
If you are hosting yourselves, this is an option JEditor is unsupported in our OnDemand environment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.