Hello everyone,
Some user are very new and want Jira to be straightforward. They ask us to hide part of the UI they to want to see to avoid confusion.
One of the request was hiding the security field (but still apply the security since we need a visibility granularity).
My first guess was to update the screens and remove the "Security" field. This hides the fields correctly but there's a downside, we now cannot set up this field automatically (and manually too since we hide the field) so security field does not work after this update.
In other words, by hiding the Issue Security field, Issue Security field is no longer assigned a default value and newly created issues are assigned a security level of none, and the issue is visible to all users.
My second guess was trying to create a Script Runner behaviour to hide this part but it doesn't work at hiding the field in view screen (it's a limitation I can see in the documentation Behaviours (adaptavist.com))
Finally I've try to do this using the banner (with a script or a style element in it) but I didn't have success for the moment on this part. On another side I don't know if I will able to set up Issue Security using this way...
So now my question : Have you ever hide the security field for the same kind of need ? If so is there a "good" way to do this ?
Many thanks !
Florian.