Hi All,
Is it possible to limit who can upload attachments to Insight/Assets objects either by type or globally?
I've done a bit of looking and the only thing I can see which might work is setting the file upload size to 0 or 1 byte.
Thanks,
Justin
Hi Justin,
Assets introduces 3 levels of permission: Manager, Developer and User. Adding attachment to an object is considered "editing" and the only way I see is to put people not allowed to upload attachments in the Object Schema Users role, but then they are also not allowed to edit the objects.
Regards,
Jeroen
Thanks Jeroen,
That's roughly what I thought. Having had a discussion internally, we have identified that removing the screen layouts for Assets object types looks like it might cover our requirement of blocking uploads of attachments for all users.
Customising object view layout
Hi Justin!
Today I learned something! I've been using Assets / Insight for years now and ... that button "Configure Page layout" has never, ever ... caught my eye! :-)
Thanks for sharing this!
@Justin Deutsch ,
A little bit of caution though ... Via the Configure Page Layout you can tick away the Attachments, comments ... etc.
However on the objects overview (Detail) it still seems to be possible to add attachments (for people in the Developer rol and up):
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.