Hi,
I need to update git on our Bitbucket Server 7.21.8 (on Centos7), we currently use git 2.24.4 ( as I couldn't find a higher supported version in rpm). I have been looking in many places but still unable to find a supported patched version of git, preferebly one of the following:
Thanks for you help
Naushad.
Hi Naushad,
Since IBM/RedHat decided to sunset the Centos project there has been very little updates for the packages.I'd suggest you download it and compile it from the source:
I'd also advise you to test it first in a development environment, here are the steps:
1) remove the current 1.8x version: sudo yum -y remove gitsudo yum -y remove git-*2) Install dependencies:sudo yum -y install epel-releasesudo yum -y groupinstall "Development Tools"sudo yum -y install wget curl perl-CPAN gettext-devel perl-devel openssl-devel zlib-devel curl-devel expat-devel getopt asciidoc xmlto docbook2X3)Download version 2.34.6 from git:wget https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/git-2.34.6.tar.gz4) Compile tar -xvf git-2.34.6.tar.gzcd git-2.34.6make configuresudo ./configure --prefix=/usrsudo makesudo make install5) test it:$ git --version
3rd parties maintain some repositories with the latest version of git, however, I'd not recommend using them since they're not official. Please use it at your discretion:
https://packages.endpointdev.com/rhel/7/os/x86_64
to install:
sudo yum -y install https://packages.endpointdev.com/rhel/7/os/x86_64/endpoint-repo.x86_64.rpm
or from IUS.io which is backed by rackspace
https://ius.io/faq
I hope that heps.
Cheers,
Luiz
Thanks Luiz,
I dowloaded and compiled it from the source. It worked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.