I am updating some existing Confluence pages and when I changed a linked page name, the linked-to page did not automatically update the page name in the link. I do not have editing rights on the main page, is that why the link did not update?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
My guess is that you embedded a URL link to the page that has moved (https://myorg.org/wiki/display/SPACE/old+page+name), instead of using Confluence's internal page linking [SPACE:Old Page Name].
Confluence would have to search and replace every page in it to be able to do that with a URL when you change the name of a page, and that is not practical. If you move to using internal links instead, the problem goes away - they use a fixed id in the background, and read the current name of the target page when rendered.
Hi @D Catanzaro welcome to the community. Could you please include a screenshot having a bit of a time trying to understand your ask. Thanks
Unfortunately, company policy does not allow me to send screen caps for security reasons.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.